But Didn’t Buddha, Confucius and Jesus teach the same things?
Haven’t we all heard this before?
It is an amazing fact that people who don’t know, pretend to be wise by saying things like “aren’t they the same!” “There’s really no difference is there?” or “Jesus’ teachings weren’t revolutionary Confucius and Buddha said the same things”.
Let me be very clear — there is a cavernous gap between the teachings of Zen (1), Chan, (2) Buddhism (3) , Confucius (4) ect.. and Jesus.
Yes, they all teach peacefulness, kindness, generosity and the BASIC social teaching. But it is at this point that their paths diverge.
Buddhism teach that it is by your dedication to abstinence or meditation or other “self controlled” efforts that you will be released into heaven, nirvana or the next level of consciousness. The basic premise is that through your efforts you can attain enlightenment.
Confucianism teaches a strong ethical and social system, but leaves no room for the work of God the Creator and Jesus the Christ, due to the fact that it is based in man’s ability to behave and act according to an acceptable guideline. As can be seen in the “six ways” of Confucianism: Jen is the golden rule; Chun-tzu the gentleman; Cheng-mingis the roleplayer; Te is virtuous power; Li is the standard of conduct; and Wen encompasses the arts of peace.
They deny that there is God, the Creator and author of all life.
Jesus made it very clear that there is only ONE God. In fact those closest to Him make it clear that He (Jesus) is the Son of God (5), and that the ONLY way to God and heaven is through faith in Him as savior (6) and Lord. That anyone who believes on Him (Jesus) (7) will have everlasting life. Not through anything we are able to do, but only through faith in Jesus as Lord. (8)
While all other religions leave it up to the individual to make their way (through their actions, works, pilgrimages, observance of laws, self denials ect..).
Christianity is dependent upon the sacrifice of another (9). Very simply the claim of Christianity is UNIQUE because it claims the ONLY way to enter Heaven is through faith in another (10) to get you into Heaven.
Salvation is a gift (11) and Heaven is a guaranteed side effect (12) of that gift. As with any true gift it can’t be earned or deserved it is a GIFT.
You can’t find heaven through any amount of meditation, repeated lives (like that happens) (13) or any act of personal denial.(14) Only through Faith in Jesus as Lord and Savior.
Jesus wants YOU. (15)
If you are blessed with money, fine. If you are blessed with poverty, fine. If you are physically fit or a quadriplegic. Old or young. Male of female. Hopkido or HakkoRyu, Jesus wants you!
Oh and by the way He wants your instructor and students too. “For in my fathers house there are many rooms” Don’t forget that.
As long as you come to the point of realizing that you cant get into heaven without accepting the death of Christ as the price for your soul, and believe on Him alone (not your meditation, abstinence, legal obedience or money) to find eternal life in the presence of the God of the universe.
It’s very simple to do pray this prayer.
Jesus know I can’t save my own soul. That I am a sinner and I accept your perfect sacrifice on the cross as being the death that I deserved. I ask you to be my Savior. I ask for you to send your Holy Spirit into my life as a confirmation of my eternal life in you. Father God I thank you for sending Jesus and I dedicate my life to you, my Father, Lord and Creator.
In the name of Your Son Jesus, Amen.
If you said this prayer and you believe it’s truth in your heart, YOU ARE SAVED!!! You are promised entrance into the presence God and eternal life.
Even when you have a bad day and don’t feel loved or worthy – you are still saved, you are still loved and you will still enter heaven!!!!! Period, end of story.
Welcome to the body of Christ (the Church) find a Bible believing church in your town and tell the pastor that you have become a child of God, you are saved unto life!!
Email me and let me know as well.
May the Lord bless you and your house hold.
(1)”Grown out of Mahayana Buddhism with a focus on the practice of Meditation, Zen is the best known Buddhist sect.”
(2) ” Also a branch of Mahayana Buddhism as with Zen takes it’s name from the Chinese translation of the Indian word Dhyana which means Mediation. Not as well know in the West as Zen but this brance is building in popularity amoung martial artist.”
(3) “Begun in india by Siddhartha Gautama (Bubbha) after a 7 days of meditation under a fig tree (known afterward as the bo tree). His teaching was that of the Middle Way: consiting of the noble Eightfold Path: namely, right view, right intention, right speech, right action, right livelihood, right effort, right mindfulness, right concentration. ”
(4) ” Confucius’ teachings are have had a tremendous impact upon China as his compiled writings brought around much needed social change to a violent and barbaric nation. His writings taught basic social responsibilities and harmonious living. But he was eventually lifted in stages starting with having animal sacrifices offered at his tomb, elevation to sage, and eventually over a 2000 year period deifying him as Co- Assessor with the deities Heaven and Earth.”
(5) “John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life.”
(6) “John 15:6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life: no one cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
(7) “Romans 11:13for, Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
(8) “Ephisians 2:8 for by grace have ye been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not of works, that no man should glory.”
(9) “Colossians 2:19 For it was the good pleasure of the Father that in him should all the fulness dwell; 20 and through him to reconcile all things unto himself, having made peace through the blood of his cross; through him, I say, whether things upon the earth, or things in the heavens.”
(10) “Acts 4:12 And in none other is there salvation: for neither is there any other name under heaven, that is given among men, wherein we must be saved.”
(11) “Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
(12) “John 17:1….Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that the son may glorify thee: 2 even as thou gavest him authority over all flesh, that to all whom thou hast given him, he should give eternal life. 3 And this is life eternal, that they should know thee the only true God, and him whom thou didst send, even Jesus Christ.”
(13) “Hebrews 9:27And inasmuch as it is appointed unto men once to die, and after this cometh judgment”
(14) “1 Timothy 3:1 But the Spirit saith expressly, that in later times some shall fall away from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 through the hypocrisy of men that speak lies, branded in their own conscience as with a hot iron; 3 forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by them that believe and know the truth.”
(15) “2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some count slackness; but is longsuffering to you-ward, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.”